Book Your Slot
We are really excited to continue the Swim Smooth tradition of delivering a great value for money all day swim clinic in the East Midlands Region.
The workshops are very interactive, with plenty of discussion around your questions and individual stroke.
The clinic is divided into three components – 1) Theory time in the classroom 2) Practical exercises in the classroom 3) Pool practical sessions.
Included in the theory sessions are:
- The Basics Of The Freestyle Stroke, including common misunderstandings and pitfalls.
- Enhancing Your Efficiency in the Pool, so you can swim further more easily.
- Generating More Propulsion in the Water, this will have you moving faster – surprisingly without working harder.
- Developing Open Water Skills, to get the best out of yourself on race day.
- Training Program Development and How to get the most out of your swim sessions.
You will come away from a clinic with a clear understanding of your current stroke from our detailed video analysis.
You’ll understand the changes you need to make to improve your swimming.
We’ll start you off making those changes in the clinic and give you a clear plan to develop your stroke specific to your needs.
We also point out all the things you’re doing right too – it won’t all be bad.
Practical swimming sessions include:
- Extensive Videoing Of Your Stroke above and below the water. Of course you get to take away your video footage with you on DVD.
- Technique Development and Intervention based on your video analysis
- A Mini-Squad Session showing you how to implement our unique teaching methods into a ‘normal’ training session.
Classroom time will also include practical aspects according to the needs of the group:
- Stretching / Flexibility for Performance, often neglected and could easily be holding your swimming back – we’ll identify if this is an issue for you.
- Core Stabilization in Swimming, we’ll give you a better understanding of what core stability means in swimming and how to tune into it – it’s a little different to other sports.
- Injury Prevention, even if you’ve never had a swimming injury it’s very important to avoid them – they’re tricky to shake off, more so than in other sports.
As you can tell, it’s an action packed day! Saying that, it’s not physically demanding and is suitable for anyone who can swim 200m continuously.
Each clinic has a maximum of 12 attendees, with a minimum of 2 coaches. This allows us to deliver that unique personalised approach which we are world-renowned for.
Who are these Clinics suitable for?
Our Clinics are suitable for anyone who can swim 200m continuously.
The practical sessions themselves are not demanding physically and are low-intensity. They suit a broad spectrum of triathletes and swimmers who want to improve their swimming.
The ability level typically ranges from those swimming around 10 minutes for 400m to those covering the same distance in under 5 minutes. Our average Clinic attendee will swim 400m in approx. 7-8 minutes and often feel that they have hit a plateau with their swimming speed.
A picture paints a thousand words…
Being able to see yourself swimming from a range of different angles on our high resolution big screen, and then having your stroke constructively critiqued by our expert coaches, is an amazingly powerful process. You don’t need to feel shy about this and no-one will be made to feel inferior whatever your level of swimming.
As well as pooltime, each clinic includes fun, interactive class room sessions to understand the freestyle stroke better.
By attending one of our Clinics you are taking an important step in analysing what you need to do to improve and learning the techniques you specifically need to develop your stroke.
Make sure you ask as many questions as you need to get the most out of your day.
Swim Smooth 1-Day Clinics are priced* at:
*prices are subject to local adjustments based on facility hire. We do our very best to keep the cost to the minimum stated value in every instance.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about the clinics.
You will need to bring
1. Swimming gear, i.e. swim suit, cap and goggles.
2. Loose comfortable clothing for land-based practical sessions.
3. A pair of flippers or fins (of the swimming variety, i.e. flexible rubber)
4. An open mind and the willingness to learn new skills to help you improve!
5. A light packed lunch, unless instructed otherwise closer to the day.
You will be asked to print-off a Medical Waiver form, complete it and bring it to the Clinic.
A full, detailed timetable will be sent out to all registered clinic attendees in the week preceding the Clinic. Please note, we reserve the right to have to change or modify course contents and lay-out at short notice due to any unforeseen circumstances or facility hire restrictions. All participants will be informed in advance of attendance of any changes.